Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions.
How do I post an ad?
Posting an ad on Adsup.lk is quick and easy! Simply tap the yellow "Post your ad" button at the bottom of the Search page and follow the instructions.
If you are logged in, your details will be filled in for you automatically.
We will send you a confirmation via email once we have reviewed your ad. This usually takes about 5 hours during office hours.
How long ads stay on Adsup.lk?
Your ads appear for 180 Days on our site, Unless You Delete Them Earlier.
Tip: Track of your ads easily by logging in to your account dashboard and at your "My Listings"!
I posted an ad but can't find it. What's wrong?
Your ad may not be live due to one of the following reasons:
• It is still under review - this will show on your My Ads page, under “Ads under review”
• It may have violated our posting rules - if your ad needs to be edited before it can be published, this will show on your My Ads page, under “Ads that need editing”
• in case you already use your monthly free ad allowance
If you have been waiting longer than 24 hours for a response from us, you may have given us the wrong contact details when you posted the ad. Try posting again or contact us.
How do I set a new password on Adsup.lk?
To set a new Adsup.lk password, please log in to your account, go to “Settings” and enter a new password.
If you have forgotten your Adsup.lk password, tap the profile icon on the top, go to "My ads" and tap Forgot your password.
Ads rejected or Still Pending?
All of the ads are manually reviewed - if your ad violates our posting rules it will be rejected or need to be edit your Ad. Also, you will get an email notification after the Ad gets published or if need to be adit. We do call support for Paid Ads only.
What is my free ad posting allowance?
Every month you can post a few ads for free in most categories on Adsup.lk. If you already use your free posting allowance for the month, you can either buy a membership plan in order to post more ads or wait until the first day of the next month.
What is "Top Ad" & “Bump Up”?
To learn all about Top Ads, please visit the "Promote & Sell Fast" page on our website.
To learn all about Daily Bump Up, please visit the "Promote & Sell Fast" page on our website.
Shop page for my business or get a Membership?
Shop pages are included in all of our Membership packages, so setting up a Membership automatically allows you to get your very own Shop page. please visit “My Adsup shop” Page
Get a Membership?
To learn all about Membership, please visit our “Adsup Membership” page.
Why is my ad not showing as a Top Ad?
If you don't see your Top Ad , it might have more Top Ads available for that category also there are number of Top Ad spots per page. In this case, each Top Ad is given an equal chance of being displayed.
To see your Top Ad in action, you can try the following:
Go to the category location that your Ad posted and search any relevant filters or click through to the next few pages.
What are the rules for posting on Adsup.lk?
- We don't allow ads that contain:
- An item or service that is illegal in Sri Lanka
- An item or service that is not located in Sri Lanka
- An invalid phone number or email address
- An unrealistic offer
- Offensive language
- Offensive pictures
- Text in the title or description that is not related to the advertised item or service
- Pictures that do not match or clearly show the advertised item or service (text in the first picture (except logos and product codes)
- A non-specific item or service, e.g. a description of a company in general terms
- A URL link that is not relevant to the advertised item or service
- Offers and requests for items or services in the same ad
- Exact same content as another ad, re-published within 7 days.
- Multiple items in the same ad
- “work from home" jobs
- Counterfeit goods, knockoffs or replica versions of another company’s product
In addition, after the ad is posted, the product or service in the ad cannot be changed.
Further Questions? Get in touch!
9am – 6pm on weekdays
8am – 5pm on weekends and mercantile holidays